Sun red exhibits a rare elegance in a red Greek wine, by blending the graceful and aromatic Limniona grape, with the rustic and earthy Xinomavro, resulting in a natural organic wine of unique character and finesse.
- Grower: Kontozisis Organic Vineyards
- Vintage: 2018
- Grapes: Limniona 100%
- Appellation: PGI Karditsa
- Alcohol: 13%
- Bottle: 750ml
- Viticulture: Organic (certified)
- Vinification: A 24-hour cold storage and manual selection follows after harvesting. Pre-fermentation cold extraction at 7-10C takes place for 48 hours, and temperature rises to initiate fermentation with indigenous yeasts. Skin contact lasts for 25 days, aged for 1 year in inox, and then bottled unfiltered with a few sulfites.
- Notes: Bright red color with violet hints, deep aromas of wild cherry, sour cherry seeds, tomato and floral hints of magnolia, with a second wave of spicy and dried herbal notes. Clean palate with ripe and sweet tannins, with tomato leaves and toasted bread.