Sun red exhibits a rare elegance in a red Greek wine, by blending the graceful and aromatic Limniona grape, with the rustic and earthy Xinomavro, resulting in a natural organic wine of unique character and finesse.
- Grower: Kontozisis Organic Vineyards
- Vintage: 2014
- Grapes: Limniona 50% / Xinomavro 50%
- Appellation: PGI Karditsa
- Alcohol: 13%
- Bottle: 750ml
- Viticulture: Organic (certified)
- Vinification: A 24-hour cold storage and manual selection follows after harvesting. Pre-fermentation cold extraction at 7-10C takes place for 48 hours, and temperature rises to initiate fermentation with indigenous yeasts. Skin contact lasts for 22 days, aged for 18 months in new and old 300lt and 500lt oak, and then bottled unfiltered with a few sulfites.
- Notes: Bright red color with violet hints, deep aromas of wild cherry, sour cherry seeds, tomato and floral hints of magnolia, with a second wave of spicy and dried herbal notes. Clean palate with ripe and sweet tannins, with tomato leaves and toasted bread.